Top Ten Ways to Increase Your Curb Appeal – Pavers and More!
Your house is more than where you live; it is your home. This is where family time is spent and memories are made. Your home should be a comfortable place that you and your family enjoy being there. It should also be a place that you are proud of. Too often homeowners spend time improving and decorating the inside of their home, without paying attention to their home’s curb appeal. The exterior of your home and your landscaping is the first thing that people see when they come to visit. First impressions are everything, so your home’s curb appeal sets the tone for your guest’s experience. This is especially true if you plan on selling your house in the future.
While this may sound extreme, consider this: If someone visits your home and walks over a loose or broken step, instead of new paver steps, they may get the impression that your home is in disrepair or bad shape. If they get scraped by overgrown bushes on the way to your doorstep, they will have an unpleasant memory when thinking of the visit. A small, crowded driveway may become stressful for someone with a large SUV. Your home’s landscape directly impacts the enjoyment level of your visitors. Make their experience a pleasurable one by following our top ten tips for improving your homes curb appeal.
- Clean Up. A dirty yard, full of toys, old furniture, and broken down cars scream “I don’t really care about my home”. Before you do anything else, clean up.
- Paint. Applying a fresh coat of paint to your home is an easy way to increase your curb appeal. Select a modern, soothing, color pallet. You can also paint the shutters or trim a contrasting color to make your home stand out.
- Driveway Pavers. Pavers can transform the look and feel of your home. Custom driveway pavers look elegant, sophisticated, and refined. They will add instant curb appeal to your home, while making it stand out from the neighbors.
- Landscaping. Freshen up your home’s landscaping by planting bushes for privacy, flowers for color, and trees for shade. Plantings will add character and beauty to your home. Flowers are very inexpensive and quick way to make your landscape pop.
- Trim Everything. It is important to keep your lawn mowed, trees and bushes trimmed. This will make it easier to walk up to the front door and keep your home looking neat and tidy.
- Paver Steps. Replace your old wooden or concrete steps with paver steps. They add rustic charm and beauty to the front of your home. Pavers give your home a custom look, making guest feel that you had a designer completely change your landscape. You can select pavers in a variety of textures and colors and give your paver steps more visual intrigue.
- Planter Boxes. Even homes with small yards can add color by using planter boxes. Planter boxes can be made of wood and pavers. The benefit of planter boxes made of pavers is that the paving stones can match your paver steps for a cohesive look and feel.
- Lighting. Install lighting throughout your landscape to highlight walkways, the driveway, plantings and more. Lighting can add a soft, glamorous touch to your home at dusk and greet visitors as they come for dinner parties and more.
- Walkway Pavers. Create a lovely path for your guest to follow. Walkway pavers should lead from your driveway to your front door and into the gardens. With gorgeous walkway pavers gracing your lawn, guest will find the entrance to your home peaceful and smooth.
- Front Porch. If you don’t have a front porch or landing, have one built. This is an excellent space to place comfortable Adirondack chairs or a porch swing. Sit down, drink some lemonade, and greet your guests in person.
Your home can be a neighborhood showstopper. For more ideas, visit our Pinterest page. You can take pictures of each area you wish to install pavers and use our free online pavers visualizer tool to see how your landscape will look after installation. You will be amazed how installing pavers can transform the look and feel of your outdoor spaces.
Comments are closed