Pavers Are Stronger Than Concrete and Last Longer!
Paving stones are elegant and add a touch of refinement to a home. Rather than having a concrete driveway, install driveway pavers to deliver curb appeal and a statement of taste and sophistication. Homeowners often ask why they should switch to pavers since concrete driveways, patios, and walkways have been used for so long. The reality is that pavers have actually been used longer. The Romans used pavers made of clay or natural stone to create their walkways, roads, and the surface of their cities. They have been used throughout Europe for centuries and can be found winding along the Tuscan hillside through charming villages or leading up to old monasteries.
Pavers were originally made of clay and natural stone but in the 1940’s manufacturers started making them of cement aggregate. Aggregate is the combination of cement and rock material. As the manufacturing process has improved, they have been able to use more large cement pieces, and less water, to make paving stones one of the most durable materials on the market. Pavers will last longer than concrete and look better doing it!
Concrete vs. Pavers
- Concrete is functional but not beautiful. It is a boring, grey slab that greets visitors upon arriving at your home. Pavers, on the other hand, add a touch of elegance and old world charm to your home, creating something stunning to look at.
- Concrete cracks – pavers won’t. Concrete cannot move with the earth. If there is an earthquake or intense temperatures concrete can crack, leaving ugly lines along your walkways, patios, and driveway. Pavers are designed to move and flex because there is a layer of sand in between each paver. This prevents cracking and many pavers, like Mega Lafitt by Belgard, come with a lifetime warranty.
- Pavers are easy to maintain. You can easily remove dirt and stains from pavers by cleaning with a simple solution. If you use paver sealer, you can remove stains by using water only.
- Replacing concrete is difficult. If your concrete driveway cracks you have no choice but to remove the entire driveway, or a large portion of it. With pavers, you can simply replace the single damaged paver, without impacting the rest of the space. This makes maintenance projects quick and inexpensive.
- Strength. Pavers are exceedingly strong and can hold the weight of a fire truck driving up and down on them. They will stand the test of time with kids jumping, bike riding, and a slew of traffic. If you don’t believe us, just ask the Romans.
- Design flexibility. Our Go Paver design experts can help you to select the right color and style of pavers then arrange them in a unique pattern or design. Pavers allow for the ultimate in creativity as you can install a basketball court, your family’s initials, or a pretty pattern.
Pavers are by far the superior choice to concrete driveways, patios, and walkways. At Go Pavers, we understand that a landscaping project is extremely personal and a reflection on your personal taste and style. Our design experts can help you to select the perfect paving stones from our large online collection. We list the pavers cost online so you can compare prices and shop for pavers specials. If you are looking for a reliable Orange County pavers contractor, you have found one. We have received the Angie’s List Super Service Award two years in a row for treating our customers like family. Call us for a free consultation today.
Comments are closed