How Long Does it Usually Take to Install Pavers for a Driveway or Patio?
Installing stone pavers for your patio or driveway can add curb appeal and visual interest to your home. By simply switching from a concrete driveway to one using driveway pavers, you create a welcoming entry to your home. The look and feel of natural stone pavers is unmatched. A concern for many home owners is how long it usually takes to install pavers. Stone pavers are extremely durable and beautiful but the process can feel complicated for someone unaccustomed to working with pavers. Our expert staff can install pavers for a standard size driveway or patio in one week.
Here are the steps for installing driveway or patio pavers:
- Design. Our Go Pavers Project Manager will meet with you to help you decide the right color, texture, and design for your custom pavers project.
- Project Manager. You will be assigned one project manager from start to finish. This ensures excellent customer service, attention to detail, and proper management of the crew. Your project manager will see to your every design and installation request while working within your scheduled time frame.
- Excavation. The area where your new pavers will be installed has to be excavated first. Our crew will excavate and compact the area, digging approximately 8” deep.
- Soil Density. Our team will check your soil density and install a geotextile layer if necessary.
- Install the Base. This layer of gravel is typically 4”-6”
- Compact and Inspect the Base. This is an extremely important, and often overlooked step.
- Install Pavers. This is the exciting part. Our expert crew will install the rich, beautiful pavers you selected. Watch your pavers project come together as your outdoor space is transformed.
- Compact and Set the Pavers. Setting pavers is necessary in creating a durable finished product.
- Sand Filler. We use sand filler in between the stone pavers to finish off the project. The sand used to fill the joint spaces between pavers to achieve vertical interlock. This sand must be clean, sharp, durable and well graded. Generally, it is best to use the same washed concrete sand ASTM C33 used for the bedding layer as the joint sand. This is especially important in vehicular trafficked ICP. Go Pavers goes beyond the recommendation and use in ALL our installation Polymeric sand instead of a joint sand.
- Cleaning and Inspection. After every installation, our project manager inspects the quality of work. At Go Pavers, we have received the Super Service Award in both 2011 and 2012 for providing exceptional customer service and our attention to every detail.
You can turn your outdoor spaces into something amazing. Stone pavers allow you to create unique spaces that are rich in color, enhanced by texture, and stunning to look at. We sell a wide variety of stone pavers so you can install them yourself or use our professional team to install them in under a week. Go Pavers is the only company to give customers online pricing and we offer free in-home consultations. Contact us today to start your pavers project.
Comments are closed