Top Reasons to Choose Go Pavers for Patio Pavers
Here at Go Pavers we often speak on the superior appearance and environmental benefits of the interlocking concrete pavers and permeable pavers we offer. Did you know that our paver stones also provide incredible strength and durability benefits that elevate their performance well above poured concrete and asphalt?
Let’s take a look at the history of pavers and the nature of their uncommon strength and durability, and how we’re a Los Angeles pavers contractor that builds upon that tradition.
A History of Strength
The strength and durability of interlocking pavers should come as no surprise given their long, illustrious pedigree.
Did you know that pavers hail from Roman and Egyptian times? Really. Over 5000 years ago, pavers were utilized to support Roman carriages, and in 1994, the oldest paved road still in existence was discovered in Giza, Egypt. This particular road held up for over 4,600 years and was used to transport large stones to construct the temples of Giza. It was so durable that the sleds and the massive stones that were transported along it weren’t able to compromise its structural integrity.
Since those times, pavers were used as a cornerstone of the reconstruction of much of Europe following World War II, and have since proliferated throughout the United States and other parts of the world thanks to new production technology in the 1970s.
Go Pavers’s Dedication to Excellence
How do we ensure that we continue the ancient legacy of paver durability? In short, we only accept the best!
All of our paver stones are guaranteed to routinely support 8000 psi (pounds per square inch) of weight. This is above and beyond the call of duty, but it’s the benchmark we’ve set for ourselves and the service we offer. We’re so serious about our 8000 psi benchmark that we only work with manufacturers that likewise guarantee this benchmark.
Extensive Paver Strength Testing
We ensure that the pavers we use meet our benchmark and quality demands through rigorous testing.
In 2013, we proved that interlocking concrete pavers are the best solution for all heavy vehicles. Using a heavy-loaded 40,000 lbs fire truck, we made 10 round trips over one of our surfaces, and the pavers all held without any movement and without the sinking or shifting that you’ll sometimes see over time from our competitors.
How Our Pavers Maintain Their Integrity
Our pavers maintain their integrity even under extreme conditions and heavy loads thanks to our thoughtful design and installation process. Let’s take a moment to examine how our pavers are constructed:
1. Eight to nine inches of the existing soil is removed within the desired paver installation area.
- Where applicable, we install a geo-textile layer at this juncture that sits between the soil and the base. This geo-textile layer guards against the potential for crumbling over time, and also accounts for the possibility of bad soil or liquefaction soil.
- We install a four to six inch bed of high-quality gravel to form a base for the pavers.
- Once the gravel base is packed down, a one to two inch layer of bedding sand is added on top. This bedding sand is then perfectly leveled.
- The paving stones of choice are then set upon the bedding sand and compacted to the ideal level.
- A concrete border is added to each side of the pavers to create an interlocking effect that secures their stability.
- Special, polymeric epoxy sand is installed between each paver. We don’t use regular sand. The enhanced polymeric epoxy sand is uniquely suited for stabilizing the bedding sand and combatting the threat of weed growth and insect proliferation.
- Pavers are then immediately cleaned following the sand installation.
- Go Pavers completes the process and attention to detail by applying a protective sealer onto the pavers. This step is optional and not required but serves to both protect against the elements and bring out the natural colors of the pavers.
The combination of all these installation steps and safeguarding efforts ensures that our pavers hold up to 8000 psi of pressure and do not sink or shift over time, even under extreme conditions.
The Best Pavers for You
Go Pavers handles paver installation in a manner that guarantees strength and durability while also providing flexibility. We offer pavers in different widths to accommodate the varying needs of our patrons. Thicker pavers offer even greater strength and support.
For example, a standard patio paver comes in at a 40mm thickness and is ideal for walkway areas that are only subjected to foot traffic. Meanwhile, 80mm pavers are fantastic acting as super-durable driveway pavers and all areas intended for vehicles.
No matter your choice of paver and thickness, all of our pavers can be quickly repaired in the event of unforeseen soil movement or inclement weather damage. The repairs are simple, and there are no traces of damage or indication of repair once the process is complete.
Go Pavers specializes in concrete pavers installation. We complement our personal, one-on-one approach with cutting edge technology and a steadfast dedication to long-lasting, high-quality work. Learn more about paver costs. Also, set up a free consultation with one of our ICPI certified Project Managers today. Learn more about a Go Pavers design consultation.
Comments are closed