Easy Tips for Maintaining Paving Stones
Paving stones are a fantastic alternative to concrete driveways and patios because they are easier to maintain and clean. Since pavers are joined together by a sand filler they will stay securely in place, while still moving with the earth. This makes them earthquake resistant and prevents the ugly cracks that regularly appear in concrete.
Even though pavers are more durable than concrete they still need to be maintained. Paving stones are an investment into the beauty of your home. Maintaining paving stones ensures that your outdoor spaces will remain beautiful and refined.
Here are easy tips for maintaining your paving stones:
- Sweep Regularly. It is important to sweep away loose dirt and debris, especially in the fall as leaves grace your patios and walkways. You can use a blower for a faster, easier clean. It is important to keep the leaves off of your pavers or they could leave marks once they get wet.
- Spray them Down. Use a hose to spray down your paving stones. This will remove an excess loose dirt and grime. For more difficult to clean spaces you can use a pressure washer, just use a lower strength.
- Remove Stains. Most stains can be removed by using a cleaning solution made of detergent and water. Scrub with elbow grease to remove tire marks, food stains, and scuffs. Part of maintaining paving stones is to remove the stains regularly or they will become harder to clean in the future.
- Removing Oil. If you have an oil stain on one of your pavers, you can purchase a special oil cleaner at the store. If the stain still won’t come up we can replace that paver only, without disturbing the rest of the site.
- Sand Filler. Inspect the sand filler in between your paving stones once a year. Make sure that it is nearly flush with the pavers themselves. If not, pour more. The sand filler is essential for keeping pavers in place and preventing them from slipping.
- Inspections. Identify any paving stones that are chipped or cracked and have them replaced. Many paving stone manufacturers, like Belgard, offer lifetime warranties on some of their products. You may be able to replace it, without paying for materials. We can tell you which manufacturers are currently offering this and on what product lines.
- Paver Sealer. You can keep your paving stones looking new by using paver sealer. It only needs to be installed once every couple of years and will make them look new, keep away the bugs, prevent grass from growing in between the cracks, and make pavers easier to clean. When you use paver sealer you can typically wash away any stains with water only, making maintaining paving stones even easier.
Life is busy and maintaining pavers is not for everyone. Understanding that you may not have time to spend keeping up the yard, we offer a pavers maintenance package for busy homeowners. Our Go Pavers experts will keep your paving stones looking new, clean, and replace ones that are damaged. A fantastic benefit to paving stones is that if one is damaged it can be replaced without disturbing the remaining stones. Our experts know how to get this done quickly and in such a way that you will never know a stone was replaced. Call us today for your free consultation and to learn how Go Pavers can help your outdoor spaces remain beautiful.
Comments are closed