Easy Tips to Clean Pavers
Paving stones are an ideal alternative for a concrete driveway, walkway, or patio. They can be used at your home or office. With so many paver styles and textures to choose from, you can select paving stones that enhance the look and feel of your outdoor spaces. It is also easy to clean pavers.
Whether you are a working professional or a mother of four, life is busy. Yard and landscape maintenance is often the last thing people want to do on the weekend. Rather than spending time going to the park, visiting a winery, or catching a game, you could be scrubbing stains off of your cement driveway. Sound torturous? It doesn’t have to be. Install driveway pavers and save yourself hours of maintenance work.
Cleaning and maintaining pavers is easy. You will be pleasantly surprised at how little time you spend taking care of pavers, and how much time you get to spend enjoying them.
Here are our top cleaning tips:
- Sweep. Start by sweeping the surface dirt, leaves, and debris off of your pavers. You can also use a blower if you have one.
- Water. Spray your pavers down with a hose to gently clean them. This only needs to be done occasionally. If you live in an area where moss tends to grow, or there is standing water, you may want to clean pavers with a pressure washer.
- Remove Tire Marks. Create a cleaning mixture of detergent and water. Use a dish scrubber or rag and gently scrub the tire marks away. If you have used a paver sealer, you can clean them with water only.
- Oil Stains. There is an oil stain removing solvent that is available for purchase. Use it to scrub the oil stain away. If it is a particularly difficult stain, you can replace the individual paver.
- Paver Sealer. As a Los Angeles pavers contractor, we recommend using paver sealer. Once applied, it will keep your pavers looking brand new, while making it easier to clean pavers. It repels dirt and stains, so you only have to clean with water. Paver sealer also prevents grass from growing in the cracks and decreases the number of bugs and ants you get on your patio pavers.
- Hire Someone. Many homeowners prefer to have a third party take care of all of their lawn maintenance. Go Pavers offers ongoing maintenance contracts to customers and will make sure that your pavers look new and beautiful, year round.
An added benefit to paving stones is that if one gets damaged, cracked, or stained you can replace the individual paver, rather than replacing an entire driveway or patio. This keeps your pavers perpetually looking new. When the concrete driveway or patio gets cracked or stained, your only option is to leave it or replace the entire thing. This is a labor intensive and costly process. On the other hand, replacing the paver can be done quickly with minimal cost because the rest of your pavers remain untouched. Go Pavers has the largest collection of online pavers, offers superior customer service, free consultations, and ongoing maintenance work. Call us to experience the Go Paver difference.
Comments are closed