Easy Steps for Installing Pavers
You can add rustic beauty and charm to your outdoor spaces by installing paving stones. Pavers are environmentally friendly, come in a variety of colors, are durable, and long lasting. They are the ideal alternative to concrete driveways, patios, and walkways. Go Pavers has the largest online collection of paving stones so you can select the color and style that fits your personal taste.
If you like to DIY, you can follow these easy steps for installing pavers:
- Select a Location. Before starting your project, you need to identify where you are going to install pavers and the dimensions of the space. Multiply the length by the width to get your total square footage.
- Shop for Pavers Specials. You can save money by purchasing pavers on discount. We regularly run pavers specials that reduce the pavers price per square foot. When you find a paving stone you like, multiply the price by your total square footage.
- Prepare the Site. You need to excavate the site where you will be installing pavers. Go to a depth of 8” and make sure the area is relatively smooth and flat.
- Lay Gravel. The gravel base is an essential step for stabilizing your pavers and ensuring their durability. Lay the gravel 4 – 6” deep.
- Compact the Base. Carefully compact the base to ensure that it is tight and not loose. This step is critical.
- Install Paving Stones. Arrange your pavers in your desired pattern. This is the time to get creative with color arrangements. If you want a more dramatic pattern, it is wise to have a professional install them for you.
- Pour Sand Filler. Sand needs to be poured in between the pavers. This serves to hold them in place. Sand is an excellent material because it allows the pavers to move with the earth as needed, while still keeping them secure.
- Clean your Pavers. Sweep your paving stones and use a hose to gently wash away remaining dirt and grime.
- Inspection. Check the cracks to ensure that enough sand is in between each paving stone. Pour more as needed.
Paving stones are durable and do not break easily. This makes them a good material to work with. You can get ideas for your project by looking at our photo gallery or using our pavers visualizer tool. By uploading photos of your outdoor space, you can see what it will look like after paving stones have been installed.
Our Go Pavers Project Managers are experts in all things about pavers. We are available to answer your questions and meet with you for a free consultation. We also have designers in house that can help you create a dream outdoor space using paving stones. It helps to speak with an expert, even if you are interested in installing pavers yourself. Once your paving stones have been installed, we recommend using paver sealer to keep them looking new and lasting longer. Contact us today or go online and start your home renovation project.
Comments are closed