Driveway Pavers are Better than Concrete
Yes, you read that correctly – driveway pavers are absolutely better than a concrete driveway. While we may be partial, the facts don’t lie. In Southern California pavers are the better option because they are earthquake resistant and more durable. They are also gorgeous to look at and add curb appeal to any home. If you are remodeling your home, doing a landscape redesign or simply hate your existing driveway – try paving stones. At Go Pavers we have a free online pavers visualizer tool that enables you to upload a photo of your existing driveway and see exactly what it will look like once pavers have been installed. You can select from a variety of pavers, comparing style, color and pavers cost until you find the perfect combination. It’s completely free so you can play around with it as much as you like, even printing and emailing the photo when you are done. Once you have created a rendering of your driveway you will see why we love pavers.
In addition to their sheer beauty here is why driveway pavers are better than concrete:
- Durability. Pavers are strong and durable. They can stand up to the constant traffic of cars driving on and off your driveway. Part of the reason for the increased durability is the fact that underneath your pavers we install a base of gravel that is 4 – 6” deep. This base is compacted, creating a strong foundation for your pavers.
- Earthquake Resistant. Unlike a standard concrete driveway, pavers are earthquake resistant. With earthquakes in Southern California pavers will move as the earth moves because they are not one solid piece. They have a sand filler in between each pavers that allows for just enough movement to avoid cracking. A cement driveway will often get ugly cracks with some pieces even moving up or down based on the level of ground movement. This creates a situation where you either have to replace the entire driveway or live with the ugly crack.
- Easy to Replace. Driveway pavers are easy to replace. If one does get cracked or damaged we can replace that paver only, rather than replacing the entire driveway. This is cost effective and ensures that your driveway will add beauty to your home for years to come.
- Curb Appeal. Stone pavers are gorgeous and come in a variety of colors and textures. You won’t have to worry about looking like your neighbor. You can create a customized look and intricate patterns that make your home stand out, adding curb appeal to any setting.
- Easy to Clean. You can clean your driveway pavers with soap and water. If you use paver sealer you can clean with water only. Simply hose down your pavers and watch them gleam. Paver sealer can be added every couple of years to keep your pavers looking brand new.
If you want to enhance the existing beauty of your home, driveway pavers will make a massive and immediate impact. Your curb appeal will instantly go up and you will have the opportunity to create a fully customized look.
At Go Pavers we are proud to have received Angie’s List Super Service Award in 2011 and 2012. Our project managers are committed to ensuring every job exceeds expectation and will stay with it from start to finish. With one point of contact you can rest assured that your concerns will be heard and addressed in a timely fashion. Contact us today for a free consultation or go online to see our pavers prices.
Comments are closed