How to Create a Personalized Paving Stone
Pavers are a lovely way to make your outdoor spaces pop. They have a rustic old world charm that will enhance your outdoor spaces. They are more durable than concrete and can be used in driveways, patios, walkways, and around your pool deck. If you have already installed pavers or are about to start a pavers project consider making your own personalized paving stone for a personalized touch.
Steps for Making Your Paving Stone
You can easily do this DIY project with your kids to commemorate your backyard remodel, a birthday, or family celebration.
- Gather Supplies. You will need to purchase a mold (or use something from around the house that you don’t mind discarding), quick set concrete mix, bucket, stirring stick, concrete coloring mix, gloves, sharp pointed tool, and accessories like beads.
- Mix Your Concrete. Pour your quick set concrete into a bucket and mix with water according to the instructions. Use your stir stick to mix thoroughly.
- Pour Into Your Mold. Place the mold on a flat surface. You don’t want to create a lopsided paving stone. Gently and evenly pour the concrete mixture into your mold. The surface needs to be level and kept in a place where wind and dirt will not disturb it We recommend the garage if you have one.
- Decorate Your Paving Stone. Kids have a lot of fun with this part. They can place their hand print or foot print into the wet cement. You can use the sharp tool to write their name, initials, the date, or a saying. You can also add beads, sea glass, or any other decorative element. This is the time to be creative and have fun!
- Time to Set. Your paving stone needs to set for 24 to 48 hours.
- Release Your Paver. Once it has set you can release your paving stone from the mold. Metal and wooden molds can often be reused where plastic ones will typically need to be discarded.
- Set in Place. Place your decorative and personalized paving stone in your garden, next to your pavers steps, patio or driveway. While personalized paving stones will not work for a large pavers project, they do add character to your home and the kids will enjoy working on the project with you.
At Go Pavers, our expert designers can help you apply the same level of creativity to a large scale pavers project. Paving stones come in a large variety of colors, textures, and styles. You can combine different colors to create a unique pattern. For example, you can have a basketball court outlines in paving stones on your driveway. You can install a circular pattern on your patio and create the look of an outdoor rug. You can have shapes and even letters installed using pavers. Our designers can turn your vision into a reality and our project managers will make sure they are installed perfectly. We offer free consultations so call today or go online and view our large collection of pavers.
Comments are closed